Quick, load up on bacon while you can! The national craving for bacon is pushing U.S. pork belly prices to record highs, reports the Wall Street Journal. Americans purchased 14% more bacon at stores in 2016 than the previous year, and stocks of bacon in commercial freezers have begun running low. Farmers increased the size of the national hog herd by 3% last year, but not fast enough to keep up with demand for the yummiest food ever created.There are currently no comments highlighted.
Support Bacon’s Rebellion
Help Bacon's Rebellion spread the word. Your contributions will be used to promote the blog and generate new readers.
To make a one-time donation by credit card, contact Jim Bacon at jabacon[at]baconsrebellion.com.
Search Bacon’s Rebellion
- Dispatches from the Front
- Call Me Crazy, But…
- The Case for Performance-Based Funding in Higher Ed
- Dominion Closes Nine Obsolete Generating Units
- NoVa Enters Finals for Amazon Sweepstakes
- The Case for Public Comments at University Board Meetings
- A College Ranking to Virginia’s Liking
- The Only Thing Worse than a Tuition Cap… Is No Tuition Cap
Subscribe to blog via email
Follow Jim Bacon’s awesome Tweets